Common mistakes students do while preparing for GATE
A lot of students write GATE every year but only very few manage to make it to the top. These students all have one common thing. The will to succeed. What goes wrong? Is it hard work, smart work or just luck?
- Time Management for mock tests– A lot of students give mock tests and try to solve a lot of complex problems which in turn takes up a lot of their time. Coaching centers design the online test in such a way that they can attract students. So, the primary objective should be to solve questions faster and not worry about marks. Time management should be the focus of every Gate Aspirant.
- Short on confidence/lack of goal – What is it that you as a person really aspire to achieve? A lot of people leave their coaching mid-way as they think that they can’t handle the stress of preparation. You as a student, must be prepared to have the urge to finish the entire coaching. Also, be very sure of your skills. Don’t let your past results affect your current preparation.
- Know your Syllabus – Your preparation strategy should be according to the syllabus. You can join SIGMA and follow the strategy set by us to achieve success.. Otherwise, make a schedule by segregating the syllabus and prepare systematically. Don’t bother wasting time on the topics that you find difficult. Skip those topics and master the topics that you are comfortable with.
- Setting Time-based Goals – Dedicate specific time for GATE preparation. Your goals should be aligned to your schedule and set small term goals. If you are not able to do that by yourself, you can join SIGMA and our intensive time-based coaching class.
- Over Preparation – Once the syllabus is over, we divert our attention and get distracted by other things. It’s better to start at right time and end it accordingly. SIGMA keeps track of your learnings and keeps in touch with you from end-to-end so that there are no diversions in your learning.
- Comparing yourself with others – Stop comparing yourself with your peers and others around you. You are unique and you should have your own strategy to succeed. You can always reach out to others for help but you should keep your cool and be confident about yourself. That is one of the key factors to succeed for GATE