What’s new in GATE Exam 2020?
- This year, the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is conducting the GATE 2020. The exam will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on February 4, 2020, February 5, 2020, February 11, 2020, and February 12, 2020.
- The examination for all the 23 papers (disciplines) will be held conducted by an online computer-based test. A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE examination. Some of the papers in GATE 2020 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete IIT Delhi11 examination schedule will be notified at a later date, on the GATE 2020 website
- The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of multiple choice question type. The candidates will be provided with a virtual on-screen calculator
- Physical calculator, mobile phone, and wrist watches with calculation facility are strictly prohibited and candidates possessing these in the examination hall (even if not using) shall be disqualified
- Biometric information (photograph and fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination
- The admit cards for GATE 2020 would be available through the online process only. The candidates can download they are admitting card from the official website and take a printout for future reference.